By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Online Tech Guru
  • News
  • PC/Windows
  • Mobile
  • Apps
  • Gadgets
  • More
    • Gaming
    • Accessories
    • Editor’s Choice
    • Press Release
Reading: Highguard Dev Assures Fans a New Patch Is on the Way After Website Troubles Spark Fears of Game Shut Down
Best Deal
Font ResizerAa
Online Tech GuruOnline Tech Guru
  • News
  • Mobile
  • PC/Windows
  • Gaming
  • Apps
  • Gadgets
  • Accessories
Search
  • News
  • PC/Windows
  • Mobile
  • Apps
  • Gadgets
  • More
    • Gaming
    • Accessories
    • Editor’s Choice
    • Press Release
The Elder Scrolls 6 Will Return to Bethesda’s ‘Classic Style’ After Detours With Starfield, Fallout 76, Says Todd Howard

The Elder Scrolls 6 Will Return to Bethesda’s ‘Classic Style’ After Detours With Starfield, Fallout 76, Says Todd Howard

News Room News Room 19 February 2026
FacebookLike
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TiktokFollow
  • Subscribe
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Terms of Use
© Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Online Tech Guru > Gaming > Highguard Dev Assures Fans a New Patch Is on the Way After Website Troubles Spark Fears of Game Shut Down
Gaming

Highguard Dev Assures Fans a New Patch Is on the Way After Website Troubles Spark Fears of Game Shut Down

News Room
Last updated: 19 February 2026 03:43
By News Room 4 Min Read
Share
Highguard Dev Assures Fans a New Patch Is on the Way After Website Troubles Spark Fears of Game Shut Down
SHARE

Highguard developer Wildlight Entertainment has confirmed a new patch is in the works after issues related to its official website sparked fears that a full shutdown was imminent.

The already troubled multiplayer shooter’s first month in players’ hands took a turn for the worse earlier this week when fans noticed access to its official website had been closed off without warning. With all that remained of playhighguard.com being a “site unavailable” message and social media links, many believed the full experience, which launched for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S just weeks ago, would soon be taken offline for good.

As concerns that Highguard could soon go the way of Concord boiled, Wildlight finally stepped in (via CharlieIntel). Discord server admin and moderator WL_Coronach replied to one fan’s question about the website’s status earlier today, assuring them and others it would eventually come back online – even if it’s currently a “low priority” issue. Instead, the developer has put most of its focus on “updates and content.”

“Not sure on the timeframe, but basically needs to be transferred and simplified,” the full message says. “Low priority [at the moment] ( reputational damage already done ). Now we just need to focus on delivering updates and content to improve.”

Now we just need to focus on delivering updates and content to improve.“

Wildlight had teased its first full year of content was already “deep in development” when Highguard launched January 26. While an early February content update proved that work on post-launch features was indeed underway, layoffs affecting much of the studio’s staff immediately called both its future, as well as the future of its new game, into question.

With Wildlight facing drastic changes in the last week alone, it’s unclear what a new Highguard update would look like. Still, those who have stuck by the free-to-play game seem to be satisfied with any additional content at all.

“Once we lock in the patch date I’ll see if we can get a patch preview up for you guys a bit beforehand,” WL_Coronach added in a follow-up reply.

Highguard’s woes began the moment Geoff Keighley showed it as the one-last-thing announcement at The Game Awards 2025. Confusion about its place at the show turned into concern in the weeks that followed, as players took Wildlight’s silence as a sign the game could be in trouble. Although it eventually launched to high player counts on Steam, a wave of negative user reviews quickly helped tank its reputation online.

Highguard reached more than 97,000 concurrent players on the PC platform on its release date but is struggling to crack more than 1,000 today (according to SteamDB). A Game File report recently suggested that Chinese megacorporation Tencent quietly funded its development, though the extent of its potential involvement remains unclear.

Michael Cripe is a freelance writer with IGN. He’s best known for his work at sites like The Pitch, The Escapist, and OnlySP. Be sure to give him a follow on Bluesky (@mikecripe.bsky.social) and Twitter (@MikeCripe).

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Mark Zuckerberg and his Ray-Ban entourage have their day in court

Mark Zuckerberg and his Ray-Ban entourage have their day in court

News Room News Room 19 February 2026
FacebookLike
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TiktokFollow

Trending

How to Choose the Bamboo Sheets for You (2026)

I sleep on sheets for a living, and bamboo sheets have become the fabric I…

19 February 2026

The Rise of RentAHuman, the Marketplace Where Bots Put People to Work

The grifters, according to RentAHuman, are fading. “We're taking safety extremely seriously,” Liteplo says. But…

19 February 2026

UK’s Advertising Standards Authority bans Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 commercial for “trivializing sexual violence”

The UK's Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has banned a Call of Duty: Black Ops 7…

19 February 2026
Gaming

Global game content sales rose 5.3% to $195.6bn in 2025

Global game content sales rose 5.3% to 5.6bn in 2025

Global video game content sales grew 5.3% to $195.6 billion in 2025, while private funding fell another 55%. This is according to the latest State of Video Gaming 2026 report,…

News Room 19 February 2026

Your may also like!

Mark Zuckerberg Tries to Play It Safe in Social Media Addiction Trial Testimony
News

Mark Zuckerberg Tries to Play It Safe in Social Media Addiction Trial Testimony

News Room 19 February 2026
Ring’s AI-powered Search Party won’t stop at finding lost dogs, leaked email shows
News

Ring’s AI-powered Search Party won’t stop at finding lost dogs, leaked email shows

News Room 19 February 2026
The Google Pixel 10a Is Barely Different From the Pixel 9a
News

The Google Pixel 10a Is Barely Different From the Pixel 9a

News Room 19 February 2026
The RAM crunch could kill products and even entire companies, memory exec admits
News

The RAM crunch could kill products and even entire companies, memory exec admits

News Room 19 February 2026

Our website stores cookies on your computer. They allow us to remember you and help personalize your experience with our site.

Read our privacy policy for more information.

Quick Links

  • Subscribe
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Terms of Use
Advertise with us

Socials

Follow US
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?